For most business owners, reviews are a sore subject. It feels like everyone has a story of that nightmare client. Collective groans aside, reviews are important to new clients!
So what’s the first step to getting online reviews?
Depending on the industry, certain platforms will be more important than others. Websites like Yelp, Google, Zocdoc and others provide tools for business owners once they have claimed their pages. To start you off, here’s a step by step guide to listing your business on Yelp and Google.
Step 1: Claim your business page
Step 2: Add company information such as address, phone number, and your website.
(If you don’t have a website, feel free to contact us for a consultation. Adding recognizable photos such as your company logo will make it easier for customers to find your page.
Step 3: Make sure you respond to your reviewers!
When customers leave reviews, positive or negative, make sure you respond politely using your business account. Displaying your amazing customer service skills online will make your customers feel safe!
(Via- Yelp Support)
To Start, Sign up to “Google My Business”
Follow these steps to sign up:
- Go to google.com/business and click Start now at the top right corner of the page.
- Sign in to your Google account, or create one if you don’t already use Google services.
- You’ll see a map of your country with a form at the top left. Enter your business name in the first field.
- As you type, suggestions for possible matches will appear. If you see your business, select it from the suggestions.
- Complete the rest of the fields with your business information, then click Continue. You may see a potential matching business suggested to you. If this is your business, click it. If it’s not your business, click "Keep the information I entered."
- You'll see the option to confirm that you're authorized to manage the business. If you are, check the box, then click Continue. If you aren’t authorized to manage the business, find the person in your organization who is, then continue signing up.
Now that you've finished that, Navigate to Google My Business.
- Search for your business using its name and address.
- Brands, organizations, or artists should follow these steps.
- If you see a dialog letting you know that someone else has verified the business, follow these steps.
- If you don’t see your business listed in the menu, click No, these are not my businesses or I’ve correctly entered the business. You’ll then be prompted to enter some details for your business. Make sure you enter an accurate, complete street address, and a phone number which reaches your business directly.
- Click Submit.
(via – Google Help)
and viola! You're all set up!